Sunday 31 December 2017

Son doesn't speak enough English to qualify for ESL services. Is there anything I can do?


My 5 year ols son came to us from China in October. We started him in kindergarten in early November. He has no cognitive or developmental delays but his English is still coming along and he doesn't understand a lot in English. We have been fighting to get him into ESL since he came home. We had him in but were told that he can't stay in the program because he doesn't know enough English. I thought the point of ESL was to teach English to kids who don't know but I am now being told that he needs to be proficient enough to qualify for services.What can I do? My son needs help. We are working him him at home and he has come a long way since coming home. He speaks some English and understands even more. He is fluent in Mandarian. We do need some more help though. Is there anything we can do to convince the school to put him back in ESL? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lxLn8X

No comments:

Post a Comment