Saturday 30 December 2017

Should I Pay My Ex Child Maintenance for my Step-Daughter


I separated from the mother of my children 12 years ago. We have four children together - two boys who are now 18 and 17 and live with me, and two daughters, 15 and 13 who live with their mum.Just over a year after we separated she had another daughter with her new partner; this girl's now 11. However her father has been absent from her life since she was very small, does not see or acknowledge her, and makes no contribution to her life. As I have always had regular contact with my four children, I have taken on this girl as my own daughter since the age of 2 years old. She calls me 'dad' and see me as such, even though she understands the real situation.I have always paid regular child maintenance to my ex for my children at an agreed amount. Recently we've started using the Child Maintenance Service. My ex is asking for maintenance money for my step daughter as I treat her like my own daughter.Should I pay maintenance to my ex for this child? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zPyVWc

No comments:

Post a Comment