Friday 29 December 2017

I'm concerned about my daughter's (16) habits


I've been raising my daughter as a single mom since she was 2. She's 16 now, and a bit of a handful. Her teachers say she doesn't like to work with others, and will beg to be able to do group projects individually. When she doesn't get her way, she acts out and will purposefully tank the work of her other group members. She does incredibly on her tests, but refuses to do her homework, or will purposefully try to get as few points as possible (no work, one word answers, not following directions, etc.) I've been worried about her for a while now, and my attempts don't seem to be going over very well. I try to talk to her, and she gets defensive and yells. If I get her a tutor, she won't work with them, and will demonstrate complete knowledge of what they're talking about, just won't put it down on paper. Her school hates her and doesn't trust her, so if her tutor writes it in for her, she gets accused of cheating.She also eats a lot. Never full meals, just snacks. They have a no snacks in class policy, and she always breaks that rule. Most of her food gets confiscated, and she frequently runs her lunch account balance down to the negatives getting a la carte snacks. When she comes home, she raids the cabinets, and never wants to eat what I make for dinner. I used to think she had just spoiled her appetite, but she goes back to eating her snacks right after I ask her to come sit for dinner. Sometimes, she'll say she's not even hungry, and go back to eating. I spend so much money on groceries for her, and I don't want to cut her off because I'm worried it might effect her.Have any other parents experienced this? Should I be concerned? Any next steps ideas? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2pUN2dj

No comments:

Post a Comment