Friday 29 December 2017

Father of 4, asked not to come back to condo rental


Father of 4 here, long time lurker and hoping for feedback. Kids are 6, 4, 4 and 2. My wife and I rent a condo in MA for the summer every year. A few weeks ago we received a letter from the owner stating we weren’t welcome back. After calling her, she said the condo was left in a terrible state.Let me preface by saying this isn’t a /r/legaladvice thread, she can choose who to rent to and for what reasons. Also, my wife and I work in hospitality and have a good idea of how to leave a room.This particular day there were several tantrums going on (leaving is never fun!) and we did rush out faster than usual. We left a diaper in the trash, and dishes in the sink. We also left a tip for the cleaning staff that comes behind us.Although it seemed fine to us as parents, I’m assuming a childless owner would see the room as messy. It was a shock and we are embarrassed to be in this situation. I’ve been telling my wife that we’ll just have to clean better at the next place, but I can see she’s upset and ashamed.Has anyone been in a similar situation??Thanks for listening, I felt like I had to get this off my chest.Edit: I forgot to mention, the owner did not see the room. Her friend inspected it before the cleaning crew came and informed her it was “a mess”. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2DtPbyq

No comments:

Post a Comment