Tuesday 26 December 2017

The joys of college, and parenting


Two of my professors told us to use any movie, or TV show episode to complete an assignment. The two papers aren't related, just assigned around the same time.Well, it was my weekend with my son so I figured I'd use something that we watched together. Two birds with one stone kind of thing.I turned in a 3 page paper to my Criminal Law professor using a Thomas the Train and Friends movie as my "case". One train knocked another train into the ocean on accident, and he thought he “killed” that train, so he went into hiding. The other trains helped him hide when people came around. So using that, I explained whether that train was guilty of murder/manslaughter/negligent homicide (or trainicide I guess), and what levels of accomplice the other trains were possibly guilty of for their role in all of it.My Sociology paper was regarding sexism. Mine based on an episode of Disney’s Sophia the First. I explained how the male characters were allowed to do things that the girls weren’t allowed to do purely because they are girls, and these things aren’t “girly”. I listed the ways the girls challenged the stereotype, and proved they could do it all just as well. In my conclusion I had to say whether or not if someone from outside the US watched this episode would they get an accurate view of how we, as a nation, treat sexism.I got full points on both and my CL professor said he got a good laugh since he remembered when his kids loved Thomas the Train. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zzWiD9

No comments:

Post a Comment