Tuesday 26 December 2017

Ex bought our child a new iPhone for Christmas.


Currently, my child is only allowed on her school-issued tablet for 2 hours a day. I am being lenient with the 2 hours since she has 2 F's and a D in her classes. 2 hours is for homework and I am exhausted "hovering".She lies to use the tablet to go on Vine and Google things like "what will your next boyfriend be like".I have searched her history. We have sat and talked about working harder on homework and she is in tutoring. She just loves the internet. Her father and his new wife feed into this at home. She has an ipod, another tablet, and a computer.Well, last week she came to me with the ipod. She is not allowed to have it here because she takes it to school and has been in trouble in class for not paying attention. She brought it to me and said "Dad didn't take this out of my backpack, and I have had it all week".It is pass-worded and I don't have a password. It was almost dead and she has a new boyfriend. I assume she hid it and used it to text. I didn't start an argument with my ex. He loves her to have all these toys and doesn't care.Well, my ex showed up last night and had our child for Christmas until late. He stood on my porch and they obviously had a plan. He brought out a brand new iPhone and said "this is what we planned for Christmas, I just wanted to tell you now.". He did this in front of our daughter because I won't yell in front of her. I said "that's nice".Our child can't even leave gym class remembering her gym clothes. They have been stolen because by the time she gets to lunch, she has to run back and try to find them. She is allowed unlimited, un-monitored access to any website at their house. There is no responsibility.She has no activites. She is involved in no sports at all. She does have a new boyfriend who she texts at all hours. I am really concerned as she just turned 13. She was caught a few years back chatting online with a 28 year old man in chat rooms at dads. (I posted this on my first post here). No one saw anything wrong with this but me. The phone opens her up to all these new pages (youtube, twitter) that I have worked so hard to teach her are dangerous.I am so frustrated with them both. They both push her to have a boyfriend and tell her she "needs" to date. He told me she could not have the phone over here and that it can be at his house only. Good. However, she will start sneaking it just like she did the ipod.Do I have a right to be mad? Her grades are falling already and this is just another distraction. I feel like I am losing my mind as the only parent "parenting". Thanks. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2C9eNkO

No comments:

Post a Comment