Thursday 28 December 2017

Awkward Holidays


So my wife and I along with our 15 month old made the first trip to my parents home after our son was born. We were quite excited and it was a surprise for them.It had been 2 years since we were last there, mainly because we live far away in another city. My mom and wife have never got along and I was actually dreading the trip and didnt really want to do it, but my wife was very excited for the baby to meet his grandparents.After the initial excitement, it ended up the way I expected it to. Our son fell sick and was quite fussy and was crying all day for the whole week we were there. He just wanted to be with my wife and so she couldnt really do anything else. On the 2nd day my mom made some unkind comments about how she couldnt cook and clean for everyone and that she did much more work than my wife when she had young kids.This obviously made my wife quite angry. I wasnt there when this was said. But my wife told me about it. I told my mom that if cooking was an issue we could eat out while we were there and my mom got really angry with me and said that she didnt mean that and was only stating that she is sick.My wife was expecting that my mom would make stuff for her grandkid, but she really didnt make anything, and just knowing my mom she has to be told what to make and cant think much on her own.Anyhow, lots of drama and crying on both ends, I ended up losing my temper with my wife and I told her that I didnt even want to come back here as I dont have happy memories of back home and that she forced me back here. I also didnt speak nicely with my mom as I felt she could have handled things better and took more care of her grandkid, who she was seeing for the first time.Any advice on how I can repair some of the damage with my mom and wife. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2C5AkOc

No comments:

Post a Comment