Friday 29 December 2017

Grandparent problems


My wife and I both work opposite shifts, which is great since we don't need daycare, but we do have our parents watch our son (1yr) for overlapping shifts or in the morning so my wife can sleep while I work.The problem is that the grandparents go out of their way to make our son like them more, and it is working. My wife agrees with me that it is happening, and it is coming from both sides.The grandparents constantly do things we tell them not to do, like give him food he isn't supposed to have, let him play with their phones, tablets, etc.. which is a pain in the ass in itself because now he thinks he can play with our phones.They also go out of their way not to upset him. There is literally no discipline from them, they never tell him no. They don't even like to do things that might upset him like put him in a car seat, get him dressed, etc...Now whenever any grandparent comes around all he wants to do is play with them, he barely even acknowledges my wife or my existence, and he cries when they leave. My wife and I play with him constantly, so it's not that we ignore him.I feel like this is stereotypical grandparent behavior, but it is really annoying us. Mainly how he only cares about them when they are around, and cries when they leave, and he doesn't do that with us. Is this normal for 1 year olds? Do they grow out it? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ljwJSt

No comments:

Post a Comment