Wednesday 27 December 2017

Husband and I are separating and we have a 3 year old. Need advice.


We are not separating in an attempt to save our marriage. It will eventually end in divorce but for now, I've just moved out and am staying at my mom's who happens to live 3 minutes away. It just made more sense that I would leave with our son because of the convenience of my mother living so close (husband wouldn't really have a place to stay if he left). The only shitty thing is my mom has a 2 bedroom so my son has to share that room with me and then obviously on the nights he stays with his dad, he's in his own room at our house. We will be putting the house up for sale soon and splitting any profit. But for now, this is the arrangement. I will eventually move out and get my own place, but that won't be until after the house sells.I already told my husband that it's crucial we establish a routine instead of just winging it every day as to who is going to get our son for the night. My husband is terrible at committing to things like this because he's very moody and selfish and everything always has to revolve around his (very important *eyeroll) schedule lol I can already tell it's going to be a struggle and there will be many excuses on his nights as to why he can't take him or why I will still have to pick him up from daycare, feed him, bathe him and THEN bring him over.I just need some advice on how to move forward, what to tell our son, etc. He's VERY perceptive and he can already tell what's going on and so far he seems cool with it. But sometimes he says "I want to go home!" I'm not sure what's appropriate for a 3 year old to be told about a situation like this. As for my husband and I, we are getting along fine. This is long overdue and we're both happier without each other. It still hurts very much and I'm very angry and hurt inside, but I know this is the best decision for myself and our son. So there's no fighting or war going on and we both love our kid to death, so that's good.Also, should I tell our son's daycare what's going on? Just in case our son starts acting out or something? He hasn't yet, but I don't really know if that's appropriate to tell them or if it's none of their business. I'm pretty friendly with the owners and his teachers, it wouldn't bother me for them to know.Also, a lot of my things are still at the house and it's very easy for me to just drive over and get what I need, or, for example: the other night I brought our son over there and whipped up dinner really quick for the 3 of us (my mom never cooks and she has terrible cooking utensils lol) so we all ate together and I gave our son a bath at our house, but then I took him back to my mom's and we went to bed there. Is that going to be too confusing for him? Should we keep it strictly "daddy's house" and "mommy and grandma's house" from now on?Any advice is appreciated! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zDBlqM

No comments:

Post a Comment