Wednesday 27 December 2017

I went through my son's texts after we had an argument, and It's starting to make me question if i'm doing the right thing or being too harsh on him.


Some backround info on my kid, 14, male, happy kid, I admit he is performing well so far in highschool, but I want more from him. and this is the text he sent to one of his friends...sadly the words he quoted from me are true. We have been having arguments over the internet, I want him to go to bed at 11:30, he is on break and he wants me to keep it on all night.I asked him if he could keep the wifi on tonight, because last night I couldn't sleep because of how badly my nose burned, and if that happened again tonight, I at least wanted something to distract myself, but he keeps saying no. I asked him why, and he said I never listen to him, just because I don't want to go join multiple different sport and academic classes. I told him i'm already doing track, and some accelerated courses in school, and then he goes and tells me "You're not special or extraordinary just for doing those, track is mandatory (which it isn't) and your classes are just academic, don't think you're doing something amazing, there are people doing so much better than you are". he wants me to do 2 different sports outside of school teams, and one academic tutoring class, just so I can have some fucking wifi via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2pLaedM

No comments:

Post a Comment