Saturday 29 July 2017

Your opinions about fine motor skills?


So: My son is going to be 5 in October. He has no particular interest in drawing or coloring anything. Lately I started printing out words he likes in a "hollow" font and ask him to trace them. He sometimes does it on his own, and sometimes I print a sheet of particular forms (like L's or O's) and ask him to fill it out before he can watch a video clip or something. I hope this will help him achieve smoother pen movements.Is this somehow over the top? We're home"schooling" him, so I lack comparison about what he should do at this age (is there anything at all? I think he will have to be able to use a pen she entering school,what will be shortly before his 7th birthday, so it still seems like plenty of time.)I just felt we were doing nothing particularly educational/useful lately, and he seemed to somewhat like it. (Printing something is already exciting!) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tS2pEW

No comments:

Post a Comment