Friday 28 July 2017

Any info, tips, or experiences with either homeschooling or montessori schooling?


I am hearing more and more people talking about homeschooling their kids . At first I thought they were batshit crazy, why would you want to take on that kind of humongous responsibility and task, don't you want a break from your kids , especially if you stay home with them (which I do) etc etc. But now I'm starting to understand. (I know I'm probably going to get a lot of backlash for this ) but i don't think I like traditional public school education in the sense that I think it puts a lot of pressure on kids these days and teaches mostly to the standardized tests which I hate and I don't believe these tests have a lot validity( For example I am a smart person, always an A student my whole life but I royally f*ed up on the SAT and ACT because I have major test anxiety. My score doesn't reflect the kind of person and student I am.) My dad was also a monster growing up and put a lot of pressure on us kids to succeed academically and I was really messed up through adulthood because of it. I now reject most of this cut throat , competitive mentality that I hear about constantly. I really don't want my kid to be in that kind of an environment. I want her to learn freely and lead the way, pursue what she is naturally interested in etc which is exactly what she's been doing so far and she's incredibly smart. No pressure, no competition with others, no cut throat shit. So I was thinking Montessori could be a great alternative as well instead of homeschooling. But i am completely clueless about the pros and cons of homeschool vs public school and Montessori vs public school and home school vs Montessori. Any info anyone can provide or experiences or tips or just guide me to some good sources of information about any of this would be much appreciated!! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2u5VG5x

No comments:

Post a Comment