Thursday 27 July 2017

Confused father trying to develop a natural instinct for parenting.


For context, I had a really bad childhood. I was physically abused to the point of it resulting in legal issues. My teenage years, I was sent from placement to placement including the notorious Elan School in Maine that used humiliation as it's primary method of "therapy". I'm not looking for pity, there are plenty who have it worse than me. This context is only important to understand that I am in my head, second guessing myself about parenting all the time. I don't have a natural instinct for parenting.I love my daughter. She is amazing and funny and I feel so grateful to have her in my life. However, I'm also her parent. There are times where I know she is fake crying, but then there are times where it's real. There are times it's easy like when we can go to the park and she can run around, but it can be tough to find activities when it's raining and we can't go outside (live in a smaller place).I second guess my decisions. I have trouble making snap decisions because I fear making the wrong ones. Does anyone have any advice that might help with this? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2h6hfBN

No comments:

Post a Comment