Sunday 30 July 2017

6 year old won't let me go to the bathroom


So my son is 6 years old and was diagnosed with autism at age two. We've dealt with varying degrees of anxiety in the past but most recently he's developed a fear of closed doors. This poses a huge problem when family members (including myself and siblings) need to use the restroom. It's also becoming a problem in public because if he or anyone else needs to use a public restroom he starts panicking.I've tried to talk to him at length about what he's afraid of. He just states he's afraid we will be in the bathroom too long and he will be scared. I'm hoping we can deal with his fears before he goes to first grade next year and doesn't want to use the bathroom like his peers. Any advice? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2v9AxM5

No comments:

Post a Comment