Wednesday 26 July 2017

Sleeping suggestions for one year old


My daughter is one (19 months) right now. She was a great sleeper as a baby (as far as I know -- she's my first). About 3 months ago, that changed. She screamed and screamed if I laid her in her crib and if I rocked her to sleep first then laid her in her crib, she would wake up and scream some more. I eventually switched her to a toddler bed, thinking it might go better. She was getting a little big for her crib anyway.Well, it's three months later and it's still lots of screaming and crying. The only thing that prevents it is for me or my husband to lay right next to the bed until she falls asleep. (Sitting next to her or in a chair doesn't work.) However, this takes a really long time. Up to two hours sometimes! A lot of times, she'll just stare and stare at you. If you barely move, she sits up. If you try to sneak out too early, she wakes up. If you sit up, she sits up.I've tried just doing the bedtime routine (bath, milk, brush teeth, read books, hugs goodnight) and leaving, but this leads to screaming and crying for what seems like a really long time. When I go back in there, it seems to reinvigorate her. If I don't, she'll eventually go to sleep, but she sleeps on the floor right up against her door, which seems bad? I just feel bad with the crying and everything.I'd like things to change, in part because I'm due to have another baby right after she turns 2. I'd like a better bedtime routine for her by then. I'm not planning on having them share rooms or anything. I'm more concerned about the time and the screaming.Has anyone gone through something similar? Did anything work for you? I've asked my mom and I just get "yeah now you know what you were like" which isn't too helpful... haha. Also, sorry for any formatting/typos. I'm on mobile and haven't used Reddit much.Tldr: 19 month old will only fall asleep without crying if a parent lays on the floor next to her for 30 min-2 hours each night. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2v9z4WF

No comments:

Post a Comment