Monday 31 July 2017

I'm proud of my 4 year old son's decisions today!


Today when I went to pick Elliot up from Daycare, he was putting away a board game. As he continued to fold the board that another child had previously started folding, it broke in half. He didn't fully understand what happened, so he put it in the box anyway. When we got to the car, I asked if he knew what happened. He told me he wasn't sure, but he didn't think it was supposed to be in two pieces. I explained that the board accidentally broke because it was being folded the wrong way. He asked if he broke it, and I told him sometimes accidents happen and we just need to learn from them so we don't make the same mistake in the future. Elliot then asked if there was anything we could do to fix it. I told him there wasn't much Mommy could do. I then suggested that he could use his chore money he has earned to replace the game for his class. Elliot's face perked up and he asked if we could go to the store after he went home and had a drink of Gatorade. So we went home, got a drink, and then took off to Toys R Us to get the replacement game. We discussed what to write on a note apologizing for the accident, and he signed his name at the bottom. He has placed the game on the kitchen table so he doesn't forget to take it in the morning! I'm proud of my little mans decisions he has made today. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wfAdZl

No comments:

Post a Comment