Thursday 27 July 2017

Reminder- drowning doesn't look like it does in the movies


I pulled a drowning 2 year old out of a public pool this past weekend. I noticed her because she was moving her arms but wasn't moving forward or backward and she was upright in the water column with only her hand and eyes above the water. I'm still a bit shaken by the experience.Remember, drowning doesn't look like it does in the movies. And please put your young kids in coast guard approved life jackets and designate someone in your group to watch the kids at all times.The kid I that pulled from the water had a parent who brought two kids under 7 to the pool by himself, wasn't really watching them, and didn't take advantage of the free park-district provided life jackets. I was right next to her and spotted her before the lifeguard did because I knew what to look for. She was okay- but that's not always the case. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2eS3G8d

No comments:

Post a Comment