Friday 28 July 2017

Just found out our daughter is allergic to cats. Need advice.


Our daughter is 3 and just tested positive for a cat allergy. We have two cats that are mostly indoors. My husband is also allergic, but has decided to suffer through it because he doesn't want to give them up. I don't want to give them up either, BUT, I now have to face reality that two members of my family are suffering because of them. The allergist has recommended getting an air purifier for our daughter's bedroom and shots when she's older. I'm not sure I want to put her through all that. I've seen how my husband has suffered: being stuffy, needing an inhaler, itchy/watery eyes, etc. I don't feel right putting my daughter through this. We have tried shots and other allergy treatments with my husband, but they have little effect. We have had these cats for 10 years and got them as kittens....any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tKckIr

No comments:

Post a Comment