Friday 28 July 2017

[advice] Just yet another parent worried about "screen time".


Single dad with 50/50 of a two year old. Always been a huge techie and had computer access since my earliest memories, so I've never had any illusions I wasn't going to expose my kid early to technology, and one way or another I'm 100% glad I did since when I watch him now he's able to navigate a phone and tablet better than his grandmother already.That said...I worry sometimes I'm using it as a crutch due to being exhausted at the end of the day and that I'm not engaging him 1 on 1 enough, wanted to hear other opinions.Our typical daily routine goes like this:5-6: I pick him up from the sitter.6-730: I cook dinner and we eat at the table, no tablet730-8: Bath time8-10: we curl up in my chair together and he does tablet time. I dont ignore him or what he's doing on the tablet at this time by any means....but he's kind of 'off in his own world' to the point I'll typically pull out a book or my even my phone and just kind of chime in infrequently until its time to brush our teeth and put it away for bedtime.Does this seem...reasonable or normal? I don't want my son to ever feel like I'm checking out on him at the end of the day but honestly its kind of a huge relief and load off these days that he's content to just curl up with me and chill after a long day. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2velK3q

No comments:

Post a Comment