Wednesday 26 July 2017

Advice please - 16 month old slapping me


My 16 month old is a high energy happy little thing but has developed a terrible habit of hitting me in the face. He's not doing it out of temper or to be naughty, he actually thinks it's funny. It's not. It hurts and I don't want him to start doing it to other people.Up to now, when he does it I gently grasp his hands tell him we don't slap, it's not funny and it hurts. I then put him in his cot or play pen for a minute. He then works himself up into a state as he really doesnt know what he's done wrong. When I go back to get him, I repeat myself and give him a cuddle.It doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone any advice for what I should do? I'm feeling like a really shit mummy. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2v0fsmX

No comments:

Post a Comment