Saturday 29 July 2017

Chores for Rewards


Hi all.What are your thoughts on kids/teens doing chores for rewards? Pros and cons?For example, I like the idea of having my kid(s) do extra work around the house or in the yard/cars in order to earn money. But regular chores shouldn't be rewarded, like doing the dishes, trash, etc.I think this is a healthy balance of teaching them that some stuff just needs to get done (dishes and trash) and you won't really be rewarded for it, but working for money happens in adulthood, and that's where the yard work (outside of cutting the grass) and general house maintenance comes into play.I'd love to hear what you have to say. My kid is a little too young right now so I'm still adjusting and learning for when the time comes. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2uLNf0T

No comments:

Post a Comment