Friday 28 July 2017

Playing with toy guns


So my son who is about to be 4 pointed a toy gun at me today and said "I'm going to get you" and started making pow pow sounds at me. I didn't buy him the toy, it came with a storm trooper my sister had given him. I'm also not really sure where he saw a gun or how it is used but he seems to know they are for "getting the bad guys".I know it is an age old debate but I feel strongly against promoting or underplaying any kind of violence in play, especially with guns and such (God help me when he gets to gaming age).So I told him that we never point guns at people even if it is just pretend. I didn't take the toy from him I just wanted him to understand they are not to be pointed at people.Am I being ridiculous? None of my brothers became violent or even own guns and they played with toy guns as kids. What are your thoughts? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2h9honI

No comments:

Post a Comment