Thursday 27 July 2017

Need help with 2 year old and breastfeeding


Hi. My girlfriend and I are really really going through a tough time. Our daughter just turned two, bed shares w/us and is still breastfeeding. This is driving a wedge through our relationship as my girlfriend is too tired throughout the day with our daughter waking up several times a night crying until she finds my girlfriends boob. Then there's the attachment issues as well. My girlfriend can't even leave the bed for a bathroom break without our daughter waking up and absolutely flipping her lid. I feel so helpless. I came up with an idea I wanted to share.So I suggested to my girlfriend that I will be the one to start putting our daughter down at night. My girlfriend will take the couch until I get our daughter to go down, then my girlfriend comes back into the room. Once our daughter wakes up crying for the boob, my girlfriend leaves the room once again and I put our daughter down. I figure this should break her from the breastfeeding habit over time. Does this sound reasonable? We have to do something! Our relationship is strained to the breaking point and I feel helpless as I watch our daughter single handily tear down my girlfriend.I am completely open to suggestions here. If I posted in the wrong section, please point me to the right one. Anyways, thanks! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tMFhaJ

No comments:

Post a Comment