Friday 28 July 2017

Pregnant again & know nothing about raising siblings


I have a daughter who turns 3 in September, and I just found out that I'm pregnant again. My husband and I are excited, but I'm also a little nervous because I don't know anything about raising siblings.I'm an only child and my husband's only sibling is a half-sister who was born when he was thirteen. Our parents are from larger families and have some siblings they get along with and a couple they don't. When I was a kid, my friends with siblings pretty much fought with them all the time until they were all teenagers, and then they suddenly started getting along. I have a bunch of cousins with siblings who seem like they've always gotten along with each other.Right now my daughter (who doesn't know I'm pregnant yet) really likes babies she sees in public and likes reading books about babies, but I'm sure an actual baby living in the house and taking Mama and Daddy's time and attention will be a different story. (She's aware at least on an intellectual level that sometimes parents can't always play with their older kids if the baby needs attention.) I'm a SAHM and my husband works from home. I know it will be a big adjustment for my daughter; how do you raise siblings so as to maximize their chances of actually liking each other? This is totally out of my experience and I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2uJjI8a

No comments:

Post a Comment