Friday 28 July 2017

How to start feeding solids?!


I am in a world of hurt. When Rose was six weeks old, she had a seizure and choked on her spit up. I really, really thought she was going to die. If I hadn't been holding her and had just been letting her sleep, she might have. And since I've been terrified. Honestly, I haven't even started her on chunky foods. Not really. She's almost a year old. Daycare feeds them to her (in the last few weeks I've finally let them). And I've started cutting bananas and other soft foods into extremely small pieces. But mostly it's stage 2 baby food and formula. I've let her have the baby puffs and yogurt melts, but those are always cut in half.I know I've got to let her eat solids. But what size should I cut the foods to? Is the baby food marketed at her age group safe? She only has one tooth!I see the foods that the other babies (who have an entire set of teeth--it's really not fair) at daycare eat (primarily the fruit cocktail) and how do they eat that without dying? They've given Rose animal crackers and graham crackers, but honestly I can't fathom doing that. I don't understand how she doesn't choke.I really, really want to start letting her eat real food. She wants to. She tries to eat my food. I have been giving her minuscule bites but it scares me. I just don't know how to do it safely. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vRG3AM

No comments:

Post a Comment