Monday 31 July 2017

I googled for an hour to avoid asking this.


Our child turned two a month ago and it seems that he's extremely advanced in language. Tonight in the car I coughed. He then fake coughed and said "So thirsty, I need some water now." Just like that. That's not uncommon sentence structure for him. Wakes up and says "Mommy, turn on the light." He said to my husband when he threw a ball that hit my sunglasses "daddy! Don't broke mommy's glasses." He got break/broke wrong, but hey. You see what I mean. He also knows every color, is extremely observant, knows the names of everyone in our extended family. Other than that, doesn't seem advanced. Every time he counts to ten he says "1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 10!" No matter how many times he's corrected. But his language is insane. His pediatrician, strangers, neighbors, everyone notices. I try counting how many words he knows every month and at this point I would guess he's in the 2,000 range. Is there anything I should be doing to further his learning? I stay home with him and talk to him all day every day, pretty much. We rarely watch TV and he's always outside playing. I don't want to post this in any of my Facebook groups because we honestly try not to ever brag about our child and that's not what I'm trying to do here. Everything I can find on google and online points to him having the vocabulary of a 3+ year old. Just chalk this up to him developing really quickly in the language arena? Should I try teaching him to speak another language? Should he go to preschool sooner to learn more social skills? He wouldn't typically start in a Preschool for another year. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vaY7YX

No comments:

Post a Comment