Monday 31 July 2017

How to go about a will, and who would take care of LO?


LO is 16 months and I thought the other day, what would SO do if I died, as morbid as that sounds. So I contacted my insurance company and got life insurance for myself, and started a savings plan for LO, so when he's older he'll have some money towards school, a house, etc.I am a planner. I like to have a set plan and make sure my loved ones are taken care of. Now I have to look into making a will if SO and I pass away, who would take care of LO. I know my sister would take him in a heartbeat, but as much as I love her, I wouldn't want her to raise my son. I see her kids, and they are rude, swear, don't respect anyone or anything, and they are just bad kids. SO and I said we would want our two closes friends to raise him. We would obviously talk to them beforehand, but I know they would take him and raise him like SO and I would. They love kids and want kids, but she can't have kids.I hear stories of family over riding wills. My fear is that my sister would fight our friends and take LO. She put me on her will to take care of her kids if anything ever happened to her and BIL. I feel badly, I love my nephews, but I don't agree with her parenting. I would NEVER say it to her tho.Any suggestions on going forward with a will? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vZpxyC

No comments:

Post a Comment