Thursday 27 July 2017

Sharing vs private property


I have been thinking a lot about this because my kid is becoming a toddler and sooner or later we're going to get to the phase where he might be expected to share. Also I am having another baby in January and I am trying to think about how much of my son's stuff is his and how much is ...common family baby stuff all babies get to use.I am quite fond of the adage "good walls make good neighbours" and I think it being clear whose things are whose will be useful, and I am assuming that it would be wrong to make a child "share" his own stuff - it's his. If he wants to share it or let others use it I'd happily praise his generosity, but he can be as stingy as he wants with his own property - right? Is this a reasonable way to address the "sharing" question?Then for stuff that isn't his, well it's not his, he has no automatic right to it, the owner (the parents?) gets to decide who has right to use it at any one time and if they hog it or stop other kids playing with it then it's for us to step in and say "you've had your turn, now it's [as yet unborn sibling's turn]"?I don't know? Will it become clearer when it's happening? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2uGeb2b

No comments:

Post a Comment