Monday 27 August 2018

What is normal behavior/to be expected of a 10 year old? Also should I call CPS?


Hi, I am currently living with my parents and I have a 1 1/2 year old myself. My sister is 10 and I’m concerned for her wellbeing and health. So basically she hasn’t been in school for over a year, she spends every waking moment on her iPad and she never takes showers. I feel like my parents have unrealistic expectations as to what she is capable of doing on her own. If you don’t make her food, she just says fine I’m not eating and I know she’s capable of microwaving a TV dinner or heating up some soup. But my main concerns are she’s never been to the dentist ever and she had a dental abscess a year ago that never got treated, she goes weeks without showering or changing clothes, and I think she has anxiety around school. She has stomach problems that got so bad she was pulled and they never put her back. She’s supposed to start this school year but I have a feeling it will be a huge fight. The CPS part is more about the condition of the house, my parents have 4 dogs who don’t get taken outside ever. Like literally ever, they don’t even have leashes anymore, they pee and poop everywhere and the odor in the house hurts my eyes. There’s so much stuff on the floors and counters, it’s like hoarder level bad. Is that something cps cares about? My room is spotless and I’m leaving in about a week, I’d be willing to take custody of my sister if it comes down to that btw. Would I have a case against my parents considering she’s never been to a dentist, she spent over a year out of school, and she’s always dirty. The house also never has food, I just got approved for WIC so I went to the store, but normally there isn’t much. That’s neglect no? I had thousands of dollars of dental work done starting a few years back when I moved out due to their neglecting to take me to the Dentists. (I had been once when I was maybe 8). Sorry this post is so all over the place, I just can’t tell if I’m overreacting or not. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2NseaYa

No comments:

Post a Comment