Thursday 30 August 2018

How a little bird poop solved a critical safety issue....


My 2.5 year old loves riding her scooter and bike everywhere, but lately she's been refusing to wear a helmet. I think it started when her chin got pinched accidentally with a helmet clip. Ever since then she's been scared of wearing it. Needless to say, it's been frustrating fighting with her about the helmet every single time we head out to play. About a week ago we found some bird poop on our windshield. As I was explaining to her how it got there, I suddenly had a brilliant idea. I explained that birds poop when they fly, they don't wear diapers, and love pooping on little kids heads. I exaggerated how difficult and yucky it was to get the bird poop off the windshield. If you don't wear a helmet, you're going to get bird poop all over your hair and then you'll have to shower all day long! The point got across FAST. Now she insists on wearing her helmet every time she leaves the house - even just to take a walk or go to school! Problem solved. I wanted to share this story in case another parent is struggling with helmet resistance and happens to find some bird poop.... via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2onpytx

No comments:

Post a Comment