Friday 31 August 2018

Help; I read her journal!!


The title pretty much gives me away. I did it. I was nosy.My dear sweet bonus daughter started 4th grade a couple of weeks ago. Her dad started his second semester of law school. We’ve been doing some lightweight home remodeling and she just came home after a summer at moms. We are in the midst of planning her 9th birthday party. Dad and I both had foot surgery this summer (his was planned mine was the result of an accident).Basically a lot of life is happening right now. Especially for an 8 almost 9 year old.So I’m home alone tonight, hobbling around (I had my second surgery on the 20th and this is my first night off of crutches) and doing laundry. She had mentioned that she was out of clean shorts, so I went up to collect her laundry. Unfortunately, about half of it didn’t make it into her baskets. So I hobbled around to grab stuff and under a pile was her journal.It was open and curiosity got the best of me. So I started reading. I figured maybe she would wrote about school, or her new friends, or her upcoming party. Maybe even the stress of all that’s happened during our summer.Instead I saw that she had written “______ and I had sex”. I know who the kid is. What I don’t know is where she heard the word or if she knows what she’s written. The other child is 5.I was abused when I was her age so I may be being paranoid but I am quite concerned. Has anyone else dealt with something like this. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2C8t6K2

No comments:

Post a Comment