Thursday 30 August 2018

Manipulative Toddler


Toddler turns 3 in a few weeks. She’s 7 years younger than our boy.She’s extremely intelligent and outgoing. Her personality is the complete opposite of brother’s. Around 18 months I noticed she had Dad and brother wrapped around her finger and I initially thought it was adorable.Overtime I slowly noticed more manipulative behaviors when she wants something.Examples:She’ll gently put her hand on the side of our faces, pull us to make eye contact and say “You’re my best friend. Right? I love you.” Super sweet, I know, and we melt like butter. But after a few minutes she’ll ask for a cookie, ice cream, or something we’d normally say no to. I’ve caught on, but my husband can’t tell her no when she does this.If I tell her no, she’ll go to my husband and she’ll know just what to say-started this around 18 months which seems young in my opinion.I’m not kidding when I say her sweetness has made my husband cry on multiple occasions. She’s done this to her grandparents as well, and they’ve noticed.The way she knows how to work people to get her way legitimately concerns (and scares) me. My son wasn’t like this, so I really have nothing for reference. Is this a concerning behavior that I need to work to curb? Could she grow out of it or will she just become more skillful with time? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2PMwtsG

No comments:

Post a Comment