Monday 27 August 2018

I just came downstairs to find my 5yo covered in blood.


I mean covered head to toe. Up the walls and all over the floor. I only went up to get pyjamas after bath time. 1 minute maybe 2? I suddenly hear wailing. Any parent of a child with autism will know exactly how scary it can be to leave them alone even for a moment.I sprint downstairs and there she is - covered in red. I panic and grab her - I can't see any gushing. I turn her over, check in her mouth - nothing. My heart is racing. My wife is working evenings and I'm so scared.I smell it before anything else. Then I look down and see it - one of the little plastics tubs of ketchup you get from McDonald's. Turns out she stood on it and cried after the inevitable (but unexpected on her part) explosion.One more bath later and now she's upstairs in bed. Fucking giggling her arse off. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2BRDju4

No comments:

Post a Comment