Wednesday 29 August 2018

I (M51) called my daughter (14) an asshole this morning. Wife is super pissed.


I was in my kitchen this morning when my daughter came down the stairs. I was sitting alone at the table having a coffee. My daughter, irritated at something or somebody, said 'You make weird noises' as I sat there. I ignored it. After I opened my laptop, Facebook showed me a 'reminder' of my daughter singing 2 yrs ago. I was playing it very quietly and smiling. She walked by and snapped "Why are you listening to that??" At that point, I had had enough. My daughter went outside to the bottom of our porch. I said "You're being a complete asshole". Well, my wife snapped. Took my daughter to dancing and then texted me about how inappropriate I was etc.. She also stated that she had had a talk with my daughter and she was 'very sorry'. My problem is that my wife doesn't 'have my back' during these situations. Rather than being a 'united' pair of parents, she'll go talk to my daughter and then tell me 'how sorry' she is rather than us sitting at the table and discussing it.Anyhow, my wife is really pissed that I called my daughter an asshole, said it's completely inappropriate and that I have anger issues. Well, I'm definitely angry... but of course I feel like shit. I always blame myself later for my little 'moments' of anger and I feel bad.Any thoughts are appreciated.T. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2olMKbu

No comments:

Post a Comment