Tuesday 28 August 2018

Am I a horrible person??


I had my daughter 5 and a half months ago. My first baby. My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 years and we aren’t married, but his mom basically treats me like her daughter in law. I really like his mom and we’ve never had an issue, but she lives in another state far from us so we don’t see her all that often. When I had my daughter she came up for a month to help us out and I was grateful but after a long month of her staying with us (she always stays with us when she comes) I was ready for some alone time with my baby. I felt bad because when she left she was crying over leaving the baby. But she was coming back in 3 months to visit again.Well, fast forward to now, she just left after being here for 5 weeks. To tell you I was ready for her to leave is a total understatement. I’m still at home with my daughter so I was stuck with his mom all at every day for 5 weeks. Even though she drove and had a car to get away in, she NEVER LEFT THE HOUSE. And obviously she wanted the baby all of the time so I felt like I barely interacted with my daughter during that time. If I needed a break, I had to be the one to leave and I started getting resentful because it’s my house and my baby. Plus, there were some issues with his mom not following my schedule I set out for the baby, not doing enough stuff to keep her entertained, etc. Honestly, I think I was so irritated because there was never a break. Ever.I talked with my boyfriend and we both agreed that her coming out every 3 months for a month or over a month each time was too much. I asked for two weeks, every 3 months and my boyfriend said that wasn’t enough. I felt like that was more than fair, but he wanted 2 weeks every 2 months and said it’ll be fine now because I’m getting ready to go back to work within the next month and a half. I guess, but I still feel like that is too often. I tried to explain to him about how every time she comes into town it will disrupt the whole routine. He didn’t seem to think it would matter, but then again I do most of the child rearing so far, so I just don’t think he understands (that’ll change when I start to work too!).Anyway, she just left this morning and she will be back in 2 months much to my dismay, and she started crying again when it was time to leave. I don’t know if I’m just overtired or what, but I honestly felt no sympathy and thought it was a little ridiculous considering she’ll be back so soon. Am I terrible person? Has anybody dealt with this and can give some advice? Any and all advice is completely appreciated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Lz9cHf

No comments:

Post a Comment