Monday 27 August 2018

My "adult" child keeps going back to a abusive relationship.


So my son, is 19, he's an adult yes but in my eyes he is still a "baby" until he is 21.That being said, as a dad, seeing your son continually go back to someone who is abusive emotionally and physically is heartbreaking.This girl he keeps going back to has dumped him 4 times, and EVERY time he goes crawling back crying, with flowers and gifts trying to "make it right" like somehow he was at fault, when based on what I know about the girl it is HER fault not his.This girl constantly verbally harasses him, puts him down, made him feel like human garbage and even has hit him before. Yet he takes it like a puppet and just lets it happen and apparently he thinks it's "his fault" and he deserves the abuse.We've been to two therapists about this, and both have told him that it would be best for him to leave her. Yet he doesn't listen.How do I get through to my son who apparently "loves" this girl who has dumped him 4 times and constantly abuses him? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wiY5gW

No comments:

Post a Comment