Monday 27 August 2018

Tossing the toy kitchen


My 3.5 yr old has had a beautiful toy kitchen for almost two years now but doesn’t often play with IT so much so as the accompanying food/kitchenware accessories. When she does play with the kitchen itself it’s stuffing things inside the cabinets that don’t really belong, which is now becoming a real pain in the ass because she puts up a big fight when I ask her to return things to their rightful place at the end of the day. We’re making a cross country move in a few days and I’m thinking of just leaving the kitchen behind altogether. She has plenty of other toys and is really creative. She’s always fashioning forts and stores out of all sorts of things so I’m sure her play table or any other surface could easily become a play kitchen as well (we’ll keep the toy food and pots). She also is my husband’s little sous chef so she gets plenty of time in the real kitchen as well. My mother however seems to think I’d be doing her a developmental disservice by removing it - though to my point, I never had a play kitchen and survived just fine. Thoughts? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2BSdutR

No comments:

Post a Comment