Monday 27 August 2018

Post-potty training regrets


I honestly thought our boy would never get this potty training business down. Then one day, he just suddenly got it. I thought to myself that this was going to be a life changing moment. Only now I’m not 100% sure it was for the better.Case in point: I take my 3 year old to pick up some food at the Habit yesterday. The place is crowded and we are patiently standing there waiting for our pager to go off. Finally I see the person who ordered before us go up and get their food. Suddenly, “Dada I need to go poopoo!” “Aw man, can you wait? We about to go home in a minute.” (We live about a 2 min drive away) He’s holding his butt like I’m torturing him. My pager goes off and I walk up to get my food. Server lady says “Okay sir I have here your -“ “Dada it’s starting to come out!”Shit. (I’m too stressed to worry about puns rn)I tell the lady excuse me, drop the pager, run him into the bathroom, do a quick wipe down of the seat, put on the cover, pull his pants down, pick him up and put him on the seat. I tell him to wait and I run back out, grab the food, run back into the bathroom and the door hits another dad who is also in there because his little one needs to drop a deuce at the most inopportune time ever except my son was occupying the only stall in there. I squeeze by him and fling open the stall door with my foot because I’m holding two bags and two drinks...and he’s standing there smiling like “Never mind, I just farted!” via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Ns6o0n

No comments:

Post a Comment