Friday 31 August 2018

Still Co-Sleeping at 3. Hmm.


Hey Reddit -This is probably not the most friendliest place for advice, but none the less, I hope I will get honesty and direction. So my daughter, who is about 3 1/2 now has been sleeping in our bed. I think she slept through the night in her bed like once or twice. Obviously, when she was a baby, she would sleep in her own crib/side bassinet so we wouldn't roll on her, but that's not the case anymore.My wife and I actually really enjoy her being in bed with us. It hasn't brought bad feelings between my wife and I with regards to not being able to be more intimate, etc., and I am sold on the benefits of co-sleeping. We feel the pros outweigh the cons.But now I am beginning to think it's time for her to get used to her bed more (I actually don't know this, really). But she just started Preschool (she was in a nanny share before that) and she isn't completely happy about going there every morning still (it's been 2 weeks) - It breaks my heart to see her cry when we drop her off. So I am not sure if forcing her to be in a bed by herself is a good thing right now.I guess I am writing to see if I am harming her by having her sleep with us - like, is there anything that I am missing other than her learning to be a little more dependent on her own - which honestly, she really doesn't have that problem. She plays by herself and is very happy to be with anyone remotely familiar without us for an extended time.Also, any advice on if I should wait till she is doing better with preschool, or not, and when the time comes, any advice on how to get her to sleep in her own bed.Last night, she cuddled up to me. It made me feel so good. She's 3 1/2 now. I am confused. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wBzROj

No comments:

Post a Comment