Sunday 26 August 2018

4 almost 5 year old son has bad attachment issues. Advise please!


So my son will be 5 end of November. Since he was born it was always me and him. When he was 2 my boyfriend and I moved in together (boyfriend is not my sons dad, but has stepped up as a father figure). The last few months my son has gotten really bad about knowing where I am at all times. At daycare he’ll ask when I’ll be back, I can’t even go into the bathroom without him being outside the door. If I leave, and he’s in bed, he’ll get out of bed and run outside and scream and cry running down the driveway until my boyfriend goes out and brings him in. I know kids can be like this...but to me it seems extreme. Today he wanted to go swimming all day, then when my boyfriend took him and I stayed home with our 1 year old, then he sat at the pool the whole time wanting to go home and asking when I’d be there. It’s gotten to the point he’s constantly in trouble because I’m always literally falling over him, no space...I keep trying to push boundaries with him...and it’s like he doesn’t care. You would think at one point I had abandoned him...but never. Even when I make sure I do something special with just him, which I do try to do once a day...it’s like that just feeds into him needing to be on top of me all the time.Any advice???? Please...the doctor at this point wants him to be evaluated because he even sees the boundary issues not just with me but around other people. He is sooooo smart...speaks above average and just catches on to everything really quick. Except this.Thanks in advance! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MBLsYq

No comments:

Post a Comment