Monday 27 August 2018

Just had an epiphany tonight and i think both my children and husband had some sort of sleep disorder.


Since i met my husband ten years ago he was a weird sleeper. He'd mutter things in his sleep and occasionally sit up with his eyes closed. He said he was always like this. I chalked it up to one of his harmless quirks. We have two children who are three and seven. They also seem to have inherited his sleeping habits. They will occasionally say something while they sleep. They'll have night terrors at least twice a week. Where theyll sit up crying and wailing and really agressive. Like theyre fighting with someone. Wont allow me to pick them up or console them and just continue crying and occasionally thrashing around before going back to sleep. My oldest concern me because at 7 i figured shed grow out of it. But tonight while she laid in bed just startled me because she sat up and starred at me with a grimace. Then laid down and began kicking the wall and thrashing around like she was fighting for her life. It was so scary and the third time i've actually caught her doing it though who knows how often she probably does this. I was googling if its part of night terrors (i know...im being a google MD) and turns out they all (including my husband) might have something called REM behavioral disorder. And that if untreated it can get worse....I just want to call and make an appointment with their pediatrician and tell him about it all since i've neglected to tell him about it all these years chalking it up to her tonsils needing removed and night terrors. Does anyone else's child do something similar? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MSZynS

No comments:

Post a Comment