Wednesday 29 August 2018

My daughter's friend is ignoring her


I have a very anxious and shy 8 year old daughter who is friends with a select few kids. One friend, we'll call Josh she has been very good friends with since kindergarten (she's in second grade now). Last year they ate lunch together, and played together at recess everyday. She had a hard time with her coat zipper last year and he helped her with it everyday too.She told me today with tears in her eyes the last few days at recess when she says Josh's name he has ignored her. My heart broke in 2 to see how hurt she is by this. I told her to just leave Josh alone until he comes to her again, but she just looked so sad.I know some kids last year were calling them boyfriend and girlfriend even though they weren't. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it, even though it didn't seem to bother him last year.I know it's petty, but I feel so sad for her. This is one of the hardest parts of parenting! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Pl7prX

No comments:

Post a Comment