Tuesday 28 August 2018

My son (7) was hit by a car


Sunday afternoon, I was out running errands in a town 30 minutes away. I had left my phone in the car because it was dead while I quick ran into the craft store. I came out to 39 missed calls and a text saying Parker was hit by a car and was going to a trauma center almost an hour away.I lost my mind. My husband couldn’t talk because he was with the police and ambulance, but he just kept saying come home and wasn’t saying how our son was. I honestly thought he was dead or dying. That was the longest drive home ever.Turns out he is fine. A banged up knee and nothing else. Not even road rash. They estimated the car was doing about 30, and every medical professional that saw him was astonished that he came out of it relatively unscathed.Well now that we are home and he’s okay, it’s like I’m allowing myself to relax and I’m finding myself crying and freaking out over the what if’s. I don’t understand why. Is this normal? Do I just need time? What about him? He seems okay with everything, but I want to make sure I handle it right.If you read this, thank you. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wmr2IZ

No comments:

Post a Comment