Wednesday 29 August 2018

How do you support your kids through big life changes?


My son just started Kindergarten, and I was ready to see some acting out and regression on his part just based on this new change (previously went to a preschool in a different school district; now he's in a brand new environment with people he doesn't know. Also, going 5 days/week vs. the 3 days/week he was doing with preschool). I know that lately he's been acting out/giving me and his little brother attitude when he gets home from school, mainly because I know he's trying to let out frustrations he doesn't feel "safe" doing around a bunch of strangers all day. Also he's wet the bed a few times since starting school last week. We never punish him or try to make him feel bad about it, but I think he still carries some embarrassment or guilt because he's super quiet in the mornings he does have an accident.I just feel so bad for my little guy; I know it's a tough transition for him and it will get better eventually, but it breaks my heart seeing him struggle with the adjustment. What have you done to help support your little ones with life changes? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2C0ZH4j

No comments:

Post a Comment