Friday 31 August 2018

[serious] Addiction has taken its toll on my family and I am worried about the kids.


This morning I learned my brother in law passed away from a possible overdose (won’t find out anything official for a while). He was discovered this morning by his wife (its been a hell of a day). It was an open secret in the family that he was suffering from opioid addiction (that’s another tangent rant for another day) and it finally took him.She yelled for help and her mom and her 9 yo son came. The son saw his dad. It was not anything a kid should see. Fortunately, her 3 yo daughter was still sleeping and didn’t see anything.They were beginning to move his body from the area he was found when we got there. There were so many officers. I was heart broken to see him in his haven but not smiling or watching a video on his phone.I over heard some details from the police and I have so many questions for my family.Everyone was visibly upset and emotional.My husband and I volunteered to take her kids out for the day and she gave the okay.It was on the drive where the 3 yo asked why her mommy and aunty were crying... I froze. I didn’t know what to tell her. My 3 yo was sitting next to her asking the same question. I told her that they were very sad because something sad happened today. Then she said with out hesitation- “it’s because my daddy passed away?”. Eeep. I couldn’t believe that she said that. I said yes and that she still has her mommy, big brother, grandpa grandma, and us Aunty and uncle who love her very much.How do I help the 9 yo with his grief? And the 3 yo? What else can I do to help them? I am just as lost at them. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LLAtqf

No comments:

Post a Comment