Monday 27 August 2018

Is there a link between delayed puberty (14+) and emotional immaturity? Do these immature kids catch up?


My oldest will be 16 next month. I also have a 14 year old (son) and a 12 year old (daughter). My younger two are mature and responsible but my oldest struggles with maturity. I was wondering if there is a link between delayed puberty and emotional immaturity. My oldest didn't start puberty until he was 14 and a half. My other two started at more average ages (13 for younger son, 11.5 for daughter). If there is a link, does the maturity gap eventually close?My son missed the cutoff when he started school so he's only going into his Sophomore year. I think being around younger kids might have forced him to act younger. He doesn't seem almost 16.Chores still don't get done unless I ask meanwhile his brother and a few friends cleaned out entire house for us when we went out to a church event for a few hours. He is eligable to get his permit next month but would rather either bike or be driven everywhere. What teen boy would rather be dropped off by mom than drive themselves? He doesn't have any interest in dating and doesn't like talking about girls (or guys). He doesn't have many friends because he's immature. He'd rather sit in the house all weekend playing Minecraft and Legos. We force him out of the house and he comes along to support his siblings in sports and their activities but he complains and whines the entire time. I mean like legitimate whining. I tell him that if he goes out and does stuff on his own then it wouldn't be like this but I can't trust him to get out of the house so I have to drag him along. His birthday list still includes some toys. He doesn't get involved in school clubs, sports, dances, or activities. I'm worried as fuck about college in a few years. I have no idea if he'll be ready or what he'll do.Long winded but is this just because of him being late to puberty? I haven't found any connection online but it sounded plausible to me. Do these kids eventually catch up? Anyway to make that happen faster? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2NnJKGz

No comments:

Post a Comment