Monday 27 August 2018

Watching T.v. on the first day of Kindergarten?


Ok not sure if I'm over reacting or what. Today was my daughter's first day of Kindergarten, it was a half day. When I picked her up and asked her what she did at school today, she told me they watched peppa pig. At first I thought she was kidding but nope. Then I thought maybe they watched the shows for recess (today was miserable rainy weather). Still not ideal but maybe they didn't have a better contingency plan for rainy recess? Nope. They had indoor recess too. So today in kindergarten, they introduced themselves, had snack, played indoors and then watched peppa pig. They were only in school for 3.5 hours and they couldnt fill that time doing anything else. Did you color I asked, no. They didn't do anything with numbers or abcs. Didn't sing songs. Am I right that this is kind of not ok? This isnt a daycare this is school. They also never put their bags in the lockers they were assigned, the teacher never checked the take-home folder (that had paperwork we were supposed to turn in inside it). Am I over reacting or is this shenanigans? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wfFdzC

No comments:

Post a Comment