Friday 31 August 2018

Today Was An Amazing Day


My little girl recently started Kindergarten and one of the things the school has highlighted during orientation and the first month is the Watch D.O.G.S. Program.I decided to volunteer and today was my first day and I couldn't be happier with my decision.I got to spend some time with my daughter and her friends, but I also got to help teachers through all grade levels during class time and personally interact with the students during the morning dropoff, lunch, dismissal and the other elective classes such as Art, Music, Gym, Library, Guidance and STEM.It was so awesome to be there with them and their teachers to help form a stronger bond between my daughter's peers and the teachers she interacts with.The biggest moment of the day for me (aside from seeing my daughter step out of her shy-zone to share her writing/drawing journal---and eating lunch with her) was when a young lady in one of the other Kindergarten classes recognized me during dismissal, ran straight to me and gave me a huge hug.I had played with her during Gym, helped her open her milk during lunch and talked about the day/weekend with her and her friends.I told her (and everyone else) that I hope they have a wonderful weekend and to enjoy the day on Monday (Labor Day), but I was so amazed that I had such an impact on a child's life from simply being there and interacting with them.I LOVE my daughter's school and am so thankful for this program. I originally volunteered just to learn more about how the structure and curriculum works now (I went there when I was younger), and spend time with my daughter when it was available; but now I really feel that my presence can help the other children.I really encourage everyone to spend some time at your child's school if you have some time and it's allowed.Today has literally been one of the best days of my life. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LFfHIR

No comments:

Post a Comment