Wednesday 29 August 2018

Need some advice and maybe support


My son is 3 and was just diagnosed with autism. I’ve noticed some issues with speech for a while, but always got talked out of getting a diagnosis for him since he was an only child and a boy. Everyone just told me he would talk late. He speaks, but in short sentences and usually just repeats questions back at people instead of answering them.Well I took him to the behaviorist and he confirmed what I though. He has stage 1, or mild autism. Now I’m in a whirl wind of setting up therapies, applying for medical insurance, and trying to stay strong for him. My husband is away for 6 months for military training. I feel isolated. I feel like I’m mourning the loss of my “perfect” child. And I feel guilty for my feelings. He’s still my little guy. But now I’m worried that people will look at him different for his diagnosis. And he won’t have a typical life. Im also pregnant with my second, and I can’t help but worry that maybe this one might have autism too and it’s taking all the joy away from my pregnancy.I feel lost. I feel guilty for my feelings. I guess I’m just looking for maybe other parents that have been in the same situation and it turned out better than their expectations? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2NC8bju

No comments:

Post a Comment