Wednesday 29 August 2018

What do American parents do with their babies after only a crapy 12 weeks of Mat leave?


So I’m Canadian living in Canada where our mat leave is 1 year and you get 55% of your pay in the form of employment insurance benefits. I took the full year with my first child and really felt like you need that whole year, especially because the baby doesn’t sleep through the night for a while. I now work for an American company based in San Fran and work remotely. I love this company and my job but now that we are talking about having a second baby I’m realizing that in the US they don’t really recognize that in Canada we get 1 year maternity leave. This is absurd to my employer, and one mother just came back from a 6 week Mat leave. 6 WEEKS! My question is how do you do this? How do you work and b feed and pump and not sleep? Do daycares in the US take babies? In Canada most daycares will not take a baby before it’s 1. Just really struggling to understand how we would manage this and how other parents do it. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wnXaf4

No comments:

Post a Comment